Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
August 3, 2015 | Recipes|
Make your own Delicious and healthy Cupcakes
These paleo pumpkin pie cupcakes are pretty awesome. These are not only look and taste good but they are healthy too. They are dairy free, egg free and suitable for vegans. There is also no added sugar and no flour. These cupcakes are pretty easy to make and don’t take a lot of time to do.
Whether you are an experienced at baking or not you will probably have most of the cooking utensils required so if you want a healthier version of a cupcake that uses natural ingredients then why not give these a try.
Bake some today!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea saltFor the whip topping:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla beans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, combine all the cupcake ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Spoon the mixture into lined muffin pans. I used silicone liners for mine. They don’t stick like paper liners can.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let these cool completely before removing from the muffin liners. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend putting these in the fridge after baking. It should firm them up more.
- To make the whip topping, open up your can of coconut milk that has been in the fridge overnight. Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Use the whipping attachment and whip the coconut into a cream. Scoop a little on top of each muffin. Enjoy!
Keep these stored in the fridge. I highly recommend making the whip topping right before eating for optimal results in taste and texture. Enjoy!